Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi everyone… Another little nugget… A short time ago, I was standing outside a sandwich shop, the one that makes lovely sausage rolls!  There are stickers on the floor to keep distance in queue. A bloke suddenly rushes past me, and straight into the shop. I figured, I could go in too, so paused at the gallon bottle of hand sanitiser gel, then picked up two baguettes in cellophane,  from the display, straight to the counter, and the assistant. I got a Latte, and cup of hot chocolate. There were some chocolate topped cookies displayed prominently in the counter display, so had a couple of those too. (!) Paid contactless, and wandered back to the car. Ate my meal, as did my partner eat hers.. As I finished my cookie, I wondered. Where did that bloke go? He never used the antibac, and he wasn’t at the counter by the time I’d chosen the baguettes. He never cleaned his hands… So in theory, he contaminated whatever he handed to the assistant to pay… Did I have the same assistant? Did they change their gloves before serving me? Whoops! I really don’t know… By this point I’m a mile away from the shop, so no point going back and asking. Besides, my Ocd affects me in that the more I seek reassurance, the stronger the urge to ‘just check on more time’ gets, ad infinitum. By this point, I’ve already eaten everything, and started my drink. The thing is, I just don’t know. I didn’t notice if he bought anything, I was more intent on buying the right sandwich for my wife of 42 years! That happened yesterday, And I and my wife are not ill yet… Not so long ago, when in a supermarket, I wouldn’t go on a till that had uncooked poultry or meat on it… It does happen, and the till operator has to handle absolutely everything… You can’t sanitise a paper bag of sugar… I don’t wipe down milk bottles, cos, when do you stop? What about the inside of the reusable carrier bag? Most people have never done so. Sure, we are more aware with the covid situation… But, ordinary food shopping… We antibac our hands on entering the shop, we wear our face masks, and that is fine. But what are we getting on our hands from the checkout operators hands, when we are getting it all into bags before paying? What have most people ‘always’ done? We don’t know… We have never known… Is it possible to catch flu in a supermarket? We don’t know… But supermarkets stay in business… Just like my favourite… Fast food restaurant toilet doors! The trick, I guess, it to almost act negligently… Not with Covid,  but all the other bacteria and germs we’ve come into, every day of our lives, right from when we crawled on the floor learning to walk… And don’t get me started about ice skating!!!! More later. God bless you for reading.

Wannabe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.