Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    katharinaevera
    Participant

Hi I have ocd and can be hard on myself. I do my CBT exercises but it appears that Im not dedicated to this all the time like I should be. And I wish that just maybe, I can reduce my bad thoughts just a bit, and then maybe later, even, a little bit more?  It is my own mind after all, so why can’t I control it?

johna2
      Participant

But who is the I who possesses a mind as in your statement “it is my own mind”?

I tend to think it a better idea to think of MIND as open space, rather than MY mind as an entity. The mind is rather like a clear sky in which clouds/thoughts simply form and disperse. Trying to control this mind is a futile task. Better to try to cultivate simple awareness and let thoughts rise, be there, and fall away, without trying to fight or bring thoughts under control.

Forum Moderators

Hi:

Forum Moderators here again: we just want to remind you that you can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.