Close
  • This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gtfonatalie
    Participant

Since I have issues with self esteem and always want people to like me and find me pretty, I smiled at these kids who I knew were kids and looked away, but now I feel like omg I did it because I liked them. It’s making me feel horrible ruined my entire day got home and told myself why did you do that not everyone needs to find you attractive or pretty! Ugh I feel pretty badly about it and I started compulsively researching online.

johna2
      Participant

Researching on line will probably compound the problem, but I guess you already know that. Its a compulsion.

gtfonatalie
        Participant
        Participant

Hello thank you for replying. Yea I guess you’re right I feel stupid and I probably sound stupid too. Still doesn’t shake the feeling of me being convinced I’m a pedo I’m starting to understand ocd more but idk anymore..

anon1985
          Participant

I highly doubt smiling at the kids was motivated by anything other than an awkward social reaction from the sounds of it Old ladies do it all the time if nothing else to be friendly 

hoping4happiness
            Participant

Can I ask how old you are? And what sex? I only ask this because I was told something by a Dr and want to know if you would find it relevant to you to do with age and sex. I had these thoughts for a very long time and understand how hard they are to shift and shale off it becomes your every waking moment at least that’s how I felt.

wannabefree
              Participant

Keep It Simple, Sufferer…

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you’re going through a difficult time with OCD and we want you to know that OCD Action offers several types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.