Close
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Forum Moderators.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve been seeing a therapist lately, but still struggling with a couple things. Long story short, I have OCD…

I’m 30 years old and the other day I was on this guys Instagram. He is 21 and I think he is pretty cool and quite attractive. I would never date anyone under the age of probably 27 due to maturity levels and it being weird, but I found myself going through his Instagram and was looking at photos of him.

I found myself checking him out, and 10 seconds later felt so much panic, as I thought why am I checking out his photos. It completely made me feel sick. I feel like I was maybe just looking at the pictures because of my OCD without even realising it. As sometimes I will test myself to see whether the attraction is genuine or due to my ocd.

I’ve always been attracted to men older than me, but I keep thinking, why would I think this guy is attractive?

His photos haven’t changed. He looks the same, but I just feel sooooo creepy!

is this my ocd telling me I was checking him out, or was I actually checking him out in a creepy way. I don’t know, my brain is so mashed right now ?

Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators here:

Thanks for posting on the forum and we’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet. Please don’t take this personally; sometimes it takes a while for people to reply. We just want you to know that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

If you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.