Close
  • This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by anon1985.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Happy1234

Hi: i’ve go ocd and sometimes have a few drinks to help get to sleep cause also have insomnia. Does alcohol and lack of sleep make ocd worse?. My wife says try to change these habits especially getting enough sleep. Don’t see how that can help ocd?

wannabefree
      Participant

Hi there.  Booze is fine, as long as you are a ‘happy’ drinker.  I tend to go for hot drinks when I struggle to sleep. The very act of going to the kitchen and going through the motions can induce sleep. I also listen to night time local radio, or music, to break the silence of being awake alone at night. Sleep is the best for helping us to cope better during the day.

Wannabe

Forum Moderators

Hi:

We’re sorry you haven’t had many replies yet and we want you to know that OCD Action offers other types of support for you.

You can contact the OCD Action Helpline and Email Service to talk to or email someone who understands OCD.

Our Helpline volunteers provide confidential information and support for people with OCD. Most volunteers have personal experience of OCD; all understand how it can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

Support groups for people with OCD offer a safe place where you can talk openly about OCD and support other people. Read information about UK-based groups here:

If you don’t live in the UK, look for groups near you on the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) website. Under “Find Help”, choose “Listing Types”, then “Support Groups”: https://iocdf.org/

And please remember that you’re never alone – OCD Action is here to support you.

Forum Moderators

anon1985
          Participant

Noticed myself doing it when it got really bad

truthfully though I’ve had alcohol problems in the past and am terrible drinker at times albeit occasionally

Hangovers intensify the ocd tho

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.