Close
  • This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by TryingToDoBetter.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TryingToDoBetter
    Participant

I just realised I never responded to your question about treatment. The wait list on the NHS is 6 months and I don’t think I have that time. Right now I’m looking privately for a psychologist and psychiatrist.

TryingToDoBetter
      Participant

I’m really sorry people were making fun of something that seriously distressed you. I think sometimes it might just be really hard for people to comprehend such a broad topic which has little understanding already as it is, except among professionals. You aren’t alone.

Ray78
        Participant

You’re not alone – I’ll reply any time I see a post or comment from you here as I’m sure others will as well. This is a very cruel condition but I know it’s treatable if a sufferer can access the right kind of treatment. I remember the summer I finished university I pretty much spent in my room lay on my bed in tears due to intrusive thoughts then a year later I was in Nottingham starting a masters degree. I swear you can have a life despite this. Obviously the goal is to have as good quality of life as possible.

TryingToDoBetter
          Participant

Thank you I really appreciate this. I think it’s just so tough because it feels as if whatever plan you have for life it just completely throws you off course in some way or another. I think I’m really lacking in understanding I have no control over these things and it’s really disheartening.

mrigank
            Participant

I’ve been living with ocd all my life and I had no idea how debilitating it can be. It’s not a nice condition and I don’t want to live with it anymore. How can I get help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.