Close
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by wannabefree.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wannabefree
    Participant

Hi everyone. Using a Kindle to read books on OCD is a really good plan if you can’t get to an open library or book store!  It may also help if you write your thoughts in a journal, then you can reread it over to cement it in your mind. Whatever happens, life will be better than it was, it has to be, all the effort we’ve put in up to now will have made it so. The fact that it is getting back to normal will mean life can improve. If you have nice people coming to visit  that helps and this situation isn’t forever. To be honest, I’m quite excited to how everyone gets on! I’m actually in the process of learning about effective learning. And there are a couple of snippets that may also help…  In 2001, an eminent writer named Fiona Harrold wrote; ‘We have to get used to feeling comfortable, with a little discomfort, and a little uncertainty, alongside a great deal of positive expectancy. Turn Anxiety into anticipation, fear into energy, and worry into action. To live your best life, you have to move out of your comfort zone and learn to manage your feelings’.  If you’re doing that already with what you have been doing, and following a plan that’s really good. Life could soon be brilliant, couldn’t it?  I wish I was more academic. I have to read things several times through, and even then struggle to recall what I have read. I’m in my sixties and retired, so learning is more for something to do rather than a career change. I can play an organ, but cannot read music properly. How illogical is that!  All the best for everyone and keep in touch, this forum is always an inspiration for me!  God bless you for reading.

Wannabe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.