Close
  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by johna2.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    valarie59a
    Participant

Hi this is gonna sound weird but can trying to think nice and pleasant thoughts become a compulsive activity like with ocd? Whenever nice thoughts come up in my mind, I just hang on to them forever. If I think bad thoughts, I always try and try to replace them with good thoughts. Would it be best to find someone, like a doctor, preferably someone with experience in mental health to talk to about this?

Forum Moderators
        Forum Moderators here:

Thanks very much for posting on the forums. We just want to remind you that you’re never alone and OCD Action is here to support you.

Please remember, if you’d like to talk to or email someone who understands OCD, please contact our OCD Action Helpline.

You can get confidential information about and support from a Helpline volunteer who understands how OCD can impact your life. Contact our Helpline by:

• phone: 0300 636 5478
        • email: support@ocdaction.org.uk

We hope this is helpful,

Forum Moderators

johna2
        Participant

Yes, hanging on to good thoughts and trying to replace bad with good thoughts is a compulsive activity. Best to try to simply let all thoughts rise and liberate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.