15 June 2019 - 12:20
I have some questions primarily for homosexual people, however, people suffering from HOCD are also welcome in this thread.
I am totally confused whether I am a lesbian in denial or suffering from HOCD. The problem is that some of the things I am feeling fit someone in denial category, while some others perfectly fit HOCD category.
It would be great if you could answer these questions:
1. If you are homosexual, did you start questioning your sexuality in teenage years or at least when you were at university? I didn't question at that time, I assumed I was straight. I didn't date at that time though because no one was interested in me.
2. Do you know anyone who turned homosexual over the years, although initially was sure he/she was straight and didn't have any attraction to the same sex?
3. Was it easy for you to accept that you were homosexual? I tried to do this but it felt somehow fake, like 'am I really lesbian? I am not sure...'.
4. As a homosexual, do you constantly notice people of the same sex and feel attracted to so many of them? I feel like I am attracted to kind of every second woman and it is so exhausting.
5. Have you ever wanted to have a life with an opposite sex person and have kids? I initially wanted it but now sadly it feels like I couldn't have this anymore, like I lost it.
Your replies would be very welcome.