OCDA Forum Christmas Party! 2013

25 December 2013 - 14:39

Forum User

As so many of you have been struggling recently let's take time off from our OCD to have some fun

YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO OUR CHRISTMAS PARTY

The venue is the Castle on the hill

Once again we've hijacked My Hill for the OCD Action Christmas party. As you all know it's a magical hill and can easily be transformed into anything that we want it to be. It was where the first OCD Action forums Christmas party in 2010 was held and it was a real success going on until after the New Year.

So let's set the scene for the party:

The castle is set high on The Hill and is festooned with so many coloured lights that you can see it for miles. As you enter The Hill through the grand ornately decorated gates at the bottom you are met with a truly impressive site - a long sweeping drive lined with old fashioned street lamps leading up to the castle. Multicoloured lights are draped over the street lights from the bottom to the top of the drive. And although there is thick blanket of snow everywhere the drive has been completely cleared of snow.

When you reach the castle at the top of the hill you will find to the right hand side of the massive door a huge Christmas tree draped in twinkling fairy lights, brightly coloured baubles and miles of sparkling tinsel. To the left of the door is a large notice stating ALL COMPULSIONS TO BE LEFT IN THE SKIP PROVIDED, with an arrow pointing to the skip (I’ve once again nicked borrowed Soxon’s skip to save hiring one )

You enter the castle through the massive door into a large entrance hall and on the right hands side is a special cloakroom, inside is a lady who waves her wand at you allowing you to choose what ever outfit you want to wear. So once you have chosen that special outfit you can then go through to the party. You can change outfit as often as you like

In one corner of the room is another large Christmas tree ornately decorated and covered in twinkling fairy lights and there are luxurious Christmas swags and garlands on the walls. A roaring fire in the large fireplace with comfortable chairs positioned around it and Christmas carols are playing in the background.

In the middle of the party room is the magnificent fountain that we've had at previous parties, it's almost as big as the Christmas tree and is covered with hundreds of lights around the bottom, each light is a button for a different drink. It’s free and there is a impressive never ending banquet set out on the large table near the Christmas tree.

I’ve been reliably informed that from Christmas Eve onwards we will be able to stay over free of charge as there are plenty of guestrooms in the castle.

This is the place to be for fun, jokes, silliness and to be merry.

Every one is welcome and it starts from now and goes on 24/7 until everyone goes home - so start posting your jokes and fun now. Looking forward to seeing you there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Pages

25 December 2013 - 20:05

Forum User

Hi there, Thank you for the invitation Trudy,I've just left my car in the car park... This castle is beautiful, and I've just thrown my compulsions into the skip. I'm so glad to be rid of them for a while! I'll make myself comfortable now... Com'on everyone, come and join us in the virtual castle... Wannabe

26 December 2013 - 11:10

Forum User

Just got to the castle and left my compulsions in the skip sat down on that beautiful sofa and made myself comfortable by the fireplace!

26 December 2013 - 11:42

Forum User

Hi there, I'm just having a look around for some chocolate... I absolutely adore chocolate! Wannabe

27 December 2013 - 12:27

Forum User

Well it's been a really quiet Christmas here at the castle with only boowoo and wannabe who looked in occasionally.

I've made myself at home and have spent most of Christmas curled up in an armchair next to the large old fireplace. As I've been alone most of the time I've kept myself occupied watching TV or DVDs or listening to music.

I've had plenty to eat and drink and the food is second to none. Very tasty and well presented.

Yesterday I went out for a walk in the deep snow, I hesitated at first as I wasn't dressed for the snow, but the old lady in the cloakroom waved her wand and provided me with nice warm clothes so that I could enjoy my walk without getting cold. She even provided me with hand and feet warmers to keep me warm.

The snow was beautiful without a footprint or paw print to be seen. There's something magical about being the first to step onto snow. I walked for about half an hour and then returned to the castle.

I returned starving hungry and having changed I sat down next to the roaring fire with a drink. I then requested Bubble and Squeak (made with all the left over veg from yesterday along with the roast potatoes and roast parsnips)with various cold cuts and pickles for lunch with lemon sorbet for dessert. Then having eaten that I promptly fell asleep and didn't wake until early evening.

I've been staying at the castle in one of their guest rooms on the off chance that others would join the party but once again today I'm the only guest at the castle.

I'm off now to explore the games room at the castle.

27 December 2013 - 20:18

Forum User

Hi Trudy! I found the chocolate, then nodded off in one of the bedrooms. I'd found a bottle of something interesting and drunk the lot it tasted so nice... I'm watching a DVD of 'It's a wonderful life', one of my favourite Christmas films. After that we can play snooker in the games room if you like... Is there a table? Wannabe

27 December 2013 - 21:29

Forum User

I just ate that massive cake that someone left in my room. Mind you I should call it chamber as it has a massive bed and a lovely ensuite bathroom! I like the bubbly stuff they left for us to use in the bath...! I asked others to join but i think they havent heard me...

27 December 2013 - 21:36

Forum User

Quote:
I asked others to join but i think they havent heard me...
In the bath : Mind you I heard you singing and guessed that you were in either the bath or the shower.

27 December 2013 - 22:02

Forum User

hahahaha

Silly me! I got so excited about my bubbles that I mistyped the sentence. I wanted everyone to join me in the castle party, I like my own space in the bath !

28 December 2013 - 0:02

Forum User

You wouldn't have any space at all if I got in the bath

28 December 2013 - 14:31

Forum User

You havent seen the bath in the castle yet! It's more like a small swimming pool!! Have you seen the upstairs yet? I was to afraid to go I to one of the towers- it seems to be so tiny, and easy to et stuck in!!

Pages